- Whether you are a smoker or not
- If you have an existing health problem
- Any radiation therapy you’ve undergone
Dental implants may be necessary for any number of reasons. You may have had an illness or lost a tooth from an injury. Avoiding the dentist when you have a cavity can be another cause for an implant. At Cumberland Dental Arts, we do all we can to save a tooth before exploring other options. Luckily implants are a great alternative. Our Yarmouth dentist likes implants for replacing one or more teeth due to the following:
- Comfort – implants are individually placed rather than inserted as a whole unit of synthetic teeth. This makes them feel more natural and increases the patient’s comfort experience.
- Strength – Implants are very strong due to their titanium post. When properly cared for, implants will last a lifetime.
- Appearance – Implants look just like your own teeth, thus your smile isn’t compromised.
- Hygiene – Normal brushing and flossing are possible with dental implants. Thus, you don’t have to change your oral hygiene routine.